Local NewsPolice arrest two for alleged self-kidnapping in Niger State

Police arrest two for alleged self-kidnapping in Niger State

-

The Niger State Police Command has arrested two suspects for orchestrating a self kidnapping scheme and causing public unrest. 

The spokesperson of the command, SP Wasiu Abiodun, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, September 24, 2025 said the arrest is a part of investigation that led to the recovery of 21 SIM cards from a group operating a fraudulent scheme involving Ponzi-style activities. 

The command had earlier arrested nine suspects in connection with the incident. 

According to the PPRO, one of the suspects, Ahmed Alh Bura, conspired with his so-called “abductor” Shafiu Ibrahim, to extract ransom from their associates. 

“In a follow-up investigation on a case of suspected kidnapping reported at Tudun-Wada Div on September 2nd, 2025 where nine persons were arrested with 21 SIM cards recovered from one Suleiman Dauda of Mandela area and Salisu Dauda of Sahuka Kahuta, Minna,” the statement read. 

“Further investigation revealed that the SIM cards were being used for fraudulent internet activities disguised as network marketing for an unknown body called “Quest Int’l Company”.

“The suspects earlier arrested were also discovered to have invested and they were given the positions of Independent Representatives (IR) for the purpose of recruiting more unsuspecting members of the public into the illegal investment.

“However, with the aid of technical intelligence, the alleged kidnap victim Ahmed Alh. Bura 21yrs of Bauchi State and his so-called “abductor” Shafiu Ibrahim 22yrs of Makujeri were arrested on September 17th, 2025 at Shafiu residence in Makujeri. 

“Findings indicated that they all attended a car drifting show at Mandela area, while these two conspired to disappear, and requested for ransom of seven million naira from their colleagues.

“The two suspects are in custody under investigation in SCID Minna and they will be charged to court for prosecution, just like others who were also remanded by the court.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Two k!lled, three injured as APC ward congress turns bloody in Ondo

Two people were reportedly shot d3ad, while three others sustained injuries when violence erupted during the All Progressives Congress...

US rapper Lil Poppa d!es at 25

American rapper Lil Poppa, whose real name is Janarious Wheeler, has d!ed at the age of 25. The Fulton County...

Ogun debt hits N494bn, IGR rises above N240bn

The Ogun State Commissioner for Finance and Chief Economic Adviser to the Governor, Dapo Okubadejo, on Tuesday said the...

DMO to auction N800bn bonds at N1,000 per unit

The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced the offer of three Federal Government bonds valued at N800 billion for...

Top Software Programmers in Nigeria 2026

In a world where technology is rapidly advancing and shaping the future, software engineering has become one of the...

2027: Our votes must count, says Peter Obi

A former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has called on Nigerians to remain vigilant during the...

Must read

JTF dismisses clergyman’s video on ‘Fulani mobilisation’ in Plateau

The Joint Task Force Operation Enduring Peace has dismissed...

Gunmen abduct journalist en route to media fellowship in Kwara

Gunmen have abducted a journalist, Salis Manaja, while on...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you