PoliticsJUST IN: Court to deliver judgment in Kanu’s terrorism...

JUST IN: Court to deliver judgment in Kanu’s terrorism case November 20

-

The Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday fixed November 20 for the delivery of judgment in the terrorism case brought against the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

Justice James Omotosho announced the date while ruling on the matter after Kanu failed to open his defence, having exhausted the six days allocated to him by the court to present his case.

The judge held that since Kanu failed to utilise the opportunity granted to him to conduct his defence, he could not claim to have been denied his constitutionally guaranteed right to a fair hearing.

Meanwhile, Kanu on Friday made a motion challenging his trial on the grounds that terrorism was no longer an offence in Nigeria.Related News

He said the earlier Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act had been repealed, and as such no valid charges against him.

Kanu maintained that there was no case against him and urged the court to dismiss the charges and allow him to go home.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Two k!lled, three injured as APC ward congress turns bloody in Ondo

Two people were reportedly shot d3ad, while three others sustained injuries when violence erupted during the All Progressives Congress...

US rapper Lil Poppa d!es at 25

American rapper Lil Poppa, whose real name is Janarious Wheeler, has d!ed at the age of 25. The Fulton County...

Ogun debt hits N494bn, IGR rises above N240bn

The Ogun State Commissioner for Finance and Chief Economic Adviser to the Governor, Dapo Okubadejo, on Tuesday said the...

DMO to auction N800bn bonds at N1,000 per unit

The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced the offer of three Federal Government bonds valued at N800 billion for...

Top Software Programmers in Nigeria 2026

In a world where technology is rapidly advancing and shaping the future, software engineering has become one of the...

2027: Our votes must count, says Peter Obi

A former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has called on Nigerians to remain vigilant during the...

Must read

JTF dismisses clergyman’s video on ‘Fulani mobilisation’ in Plateau

The Joint Task Force Operation Enduring Peace has dismissed...

Gunmen abduct journalist en route to media fellowship in Kwara

Gunmen have abducted a journalist, Salis Manaja, while on...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you