Local NewsKebbi community holds special prayers for release of abducted...

Kebbi community holds special prayers for release of abducted schoolgirls

-

The Maga community in Danko-Wasagu Local Government Area of Kebbi State will on Friday hold a special prayer session seeking divine intervention for the safe return of the schoolgirls abducted earlier this week.

The District Head of Maga, Muhammad Sanid Dantani, confirmed the development in an interview with our correspondent on telephone on Thursday, saying the entire community remains deeply shaken by the incident and has resorted to spiritual supplication as authorities intensify rescue efforts.

“We have decided to gather on Friday for a special prayer for the safe return of our daughters.

“The whole community is traumatised, and we believe prayer is our strongest weapon at this moment,” the district head told our correspondent.

Armed bandits invaded the Government Girls Comprehensive Senior Secondary School, Maga, in the early hours of Monday and kidnapped 25 students, sparking widespread outrage and renewed calls for stronger security around schools in the North-West.

The attack occurred barely an hour after security personnel earlier detailed to guard the school reportedly withdrew from their duty post—an action that community leaders and parents say may have created a vulnerability exploited by the attackers.

The abduction adds to a string of similar incidents targeting schools in northern Nigeria since the mass kidnapping of Chibok schoolgirls in 2014. In Kebbi State alone, previous attacks on schools in Yauri and other communities have left parents and residents in constant fear.Related News

Residents of Maga have been holding nightly gatherings, offering solidarity to the affected families and urging authorities to expedite action.

Friday’s special prayer, expected to draw clerics, traditional leaders, political office holders and residents, is part of the community’s collective response.

According to the district head, the prayer will also focus on peace and security across the region, which has continued to witness violent attacks despite ongoing military operations.

Governor Nasir Idris, who visited the community earlier in the week, assured parents that the government is working with security agencies to ensure the safe rescue of the schoolgirls.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, through Vice President Kashim Shettima, also pledged the deployment of all necessary resources to track down the perpetrators and rescue the victims.

A similar special prayer was held in Zuru town on Wednesday and Thursday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Forgive me if I have sinned against you as we start Ramadan – President Tinubu tells Nigerian

President Bola Tinubu has appealed to Nigerians to forgive him if he has sinned against them. The President made the...

Two k!lled, three injured as APC ward congress turns bloody in Ondo

Two people were reportedly shot d3ad, while three others sustained injuries when violence erupted during the All Progressives Congress...

US rapper Lil Poppa d!es at 25

American rapper Lil Poppa, whose real name is Janarious Wheeler, has d!ed at the age of 25. The Fulton County...

Ogun debt hits N494bn, IGR rises above N240bn

The Ogun State Commissioner for Finance and Chief Economic Adviser to the Governor, Dapo Okubadejo, on Tuesday said the...

DMO to auction N800bn bonds at N1,000 per unit

The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced the offer of three Federal Government bonds valued at N800 billion for...

Top Software Programmers in Nigeria 2026

In a world where technology is rapidly advancing and shaping the future, software engineering has become one of the...

Must read

JTF dismisses clergyman’s video on ‘Fulani mobilisation’ in Plateau

The Joint Task Force Operation Enduring Peace has dismissed...

Gunmen abduct journalist en route to media fellowship in Kwara

Gunmen have abducted a journalist, Salis Manaja, while on...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you