TragedyTaliban authorities publicly execute man for double murd£r

Taliban authorities publicly execute man for double murd£r

-

Taliban authorities publicly executed a man in western Afghanistan on Thursday, October 16. 
 


The man, who had been convicted of two murders, was executed in front of crowds at a sports stadium in Qala-I-Naw, the capital of Badghis province, the Supreme Court said in a statement. 



The execution brought to 11 the number of men publicly put to de@th since the Taliban returned to power in 2021, according to an AFP tally. 
 


The man was shot three times by a relative of the victims in front of thousands of onlookers, witnesses told an AFP journalist in the city. 
 


The man had been “sentenced to retaliatory punishment” for shooting a man and a woman, the court statement said, after his case had been “examined very precisely and repeatedly”. 

“The families of the victims were offered amnesty and peace but they refused,” it said. 
 


Afghans had been invited to attend the execution in official notices shared widely on Wednesday, Oct. 15.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Two k!lled, three injured as APC ward congress turns bloody in Ondo

Two people were reportedly shot d3ad, while three others sustained injuries when violence erupted during the All Progressives Congress...

US rapper Lil Poppa d!es at 25

American rapper Lil Poppa, whose real name is Janarious Wheeler, has d!ed at the age of 25. The Fulton County...

Ogun debt hits N494bn, IGR rises above N240bn

The Ogun State Commissioner for Finance and Chief Economic Adviser to the Governor, Dapo Okubadejo, on Tuesday said the...

DMO to auction N800bn bonds at N1,000 per unit

The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced the offer of three Federal Government bonds valued at N800 billion for...

Top Software Programmers in Nigeria 2026

In a world where technology is rapidly advancing and shaping the future, software engineering has become one of the...

2027: Our votes must count, says Peter Obi

A former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has called on Nigerians to remain vigilant during the...

Must read

JTF dismisses clergyman’s video on ‘Fulani mobilisation’ in Plateau

The Joint Task Force Operation Enduring Peace has dismissed...

Gunmen abduct journalist en route to media fellowship in Kwara

Gunmen have abducted a journalist, Salis Manaja, while on...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you